The Community Job Board Its composition, vision, mission, short term objectives and long term goals
The Community Job Board is a currency free workforce networking & collaboration platform that offers basic recruitment & job hunting services to the workplace (i.e. business) community of South Africa.
The Job Board was developed and is specifically designed to be beneficial for both employers and candidates by providing an on-line networking and collaboration platform that - on the one hand - provides a searchable Résumé/CV database for the sourcing of manpower and - on the other - allows for the searching and filtering of current available career opportunities.
To accountably establish this basic job board functions and features; only legitimate employers will be allowed to make use of the Job Board's on-line functionality and passive candidates (thus, candidates inactive on the Job Board for the past 6 months) will, after an email notification, be removed from the Job Board's searchable Résumé/CV database.
Establish and sustain a manpower sourcing, development and on-line / off-line collaboration networking "tool", using 'operational real time information' to narrow the ever increasing gap between skills & competencies required by employers and that what - either present or prospective - employees have to offer.
To maintain an electronic evolving "recruitment" platform, allowing employers to post vacancies that candidates can apply for. A platform which is supported by a robust article and Q&A collaboration structure to efficiently share knowledges, points of view and experiences with fellow job board community members.
To ensure and monitor that Job Board content and materials remain as relevant and current as possible by sustaining an ongoing operational research framework to specifically deal with the impact of constant workplace changes.
Launch an active awareness campaign...
- for employers to understand the benefits and value of using the Community Job Board as platform to meet their recruitment needs.
- for candidates to realize that job hunting is far more involved, than simply uploading your CV to as many available Job Boards as possible.
- to contextualize self-organizing networks, promote self-determination and encourage specialized knowledge.
Short term objectives
Establish the Community Job Board as a credible workforce networking and collaboration platform that...
- employers could regard as a dependable manpower source to search for, filter and recruit quality employees.
- candidates will perceive as the on-line platform that offers them a prime opportunity to best showcase their skills and talents.
- actively encourage and promote sharing of mutually beneficial information, knowledge and experiences.
Long term goal
Expand and extent Community Job Board features and functions to also serve as an educational platform that will provide people (especially learners & students) with a credible and reliable source of information which they could explored to determine the needs and requirements of a modern and rapid changing place of work. When substantial data is collected (i.e. job specifications) and reasonable statistic generated, this "real time" information can be utilized by individuals to pro-actively prepare themselves to meet workplace demands, requirements and expected standards with confidence.
How does the Community Job Board work!
- FAITH, a faith in oneself, other people, the human spirit / energies (i.e. the human spring) and the underlying - much neglected - goodness of man.
- TRUST, trusting others to be as committed and dedicated as you are prepared, willing and able to be yourself.
- INTEGRITY, righteousness in all that is done, said and actions taken. Always, everywhere and towards everyone involved, regardless of purpose, function and context.
- RESPECT, respect for each and everyone, and valuing the unique individuality, spirit, experience, culture and contribution of each person. To draw strength from human diversities, while at the same time encouraging personal growth and development (i.e. self-empowerment) for oneself and others.
- TEAMWORK, teams or groups (i.e. cooperation and co-creation) are the essence of any individual's ability to succeed, prosper and cope with the many demands and challenges of our modern day society.
- LOYALTY, an allegiance to the overall good of the job board community. This require that we all learn from one another and share our experiences, knowledge, skills and resources as best we possibly can.
- PROFESSIONALISM, a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism, pursuing innovation, deploying our imagination, being open to new ideas and acting decisively and consistently (i.e. to "walk our talk" and setting an example of gracious conduct... NOW!).
- Only legitimate, validated and approved employers will be allowed to post vacancies (i.e. jobs) on the Community Job Board (safeguard geared for candidates to limit possible exploitations).
- Candidates, inactive on the Community Job Board, for longer than 6 months and who didn't respond to a notification email send in this regard, will be removed from the searchable résumé database (safeguard geared for employers to only search as relevant, up-to-date & accurate résumés as possible).
In essence the Community Job Board was designed, developed and implemented to allow for "targeted"-search capabilities applicable for employers and candidates that could accommodate their respective needs and context.A "Target"-search is an advanced searching capability which allow employers - on the one hand - to fine tune and combine a detailed set of search parameters to easily filter through plenty of résumés and list "target" candidates that meet these search parameters. Community Job Board "targeted"-searches offers employers the opportunity to easily search for and identify candidates that meet a specific set and combination of requirements. On the other hand "targeted"-searches also benefit candidates by allowing them to make use of the same search methods and parameters to search available position listed on the Community Job Board. The key principle underlying "targeted"-searches is to obtain a more efficient and better synchronization or match, between what the employer requires (i.e. need) and that what candidates have to offer. Another mentionable design feature of the Community Job Board is the so called "drill-down"-method. This feature is an extremely handy function that employers can use when filtering and shortlisting applicants. Employers may kickoff the shortlisting process by first reading an applicant's cover letter (summarized applicant information). When interested can proceed to deal with the applicant's résumé (a brief description of achievements and accomplishments). If still interested can go through an applicant's CV (comprehensive list and description of the applicant's professional life). Scan applicant cover letters → Read résumé of applicants that "catch the eye" → Study CV of applicants that seem to have the best "matching" possibility (i.e. drill-down to detail when needed).
- Assigning credits for personal progression and empowerment.
- ♥︎ Assigned credits for community involvement, shares & contributions.
- The Community Job Board's article section, which is the platform that employers can use to communicate and share relevant workplace information with candidates in particular and fellow employers in general.
- The question and answer section (Q&A) can be used by candidates to aid and assist one another with workplace preparations and job hunting quests, by sharing information, knowledge and experiences.
- Learning Strategies & Career Focus Workshop
- Interview Preparation Workshop
- ME-Pro Course
- SWOT-analysis and self-empowerment strategies